Meet the Builder
Sam Moraco – Owner of MLC Building Company, LLC
MLC Building Company was started in 1991 as a remodeling & restoration company and performed renovation work until 1997.
After 6 years of fine-tuning our craft at restoration work, our focus shifted to new home construction. In 1997 Muraca Building Co. became primarily a management company for new construction. During this time Muraca Building contracted with multiple local builders to oversee and manage their new home construction projects.
Sam was contracted with Scott Quality Homes to oversee and manage six subdivisions and over 200 new homes. These homes were between the 250,000 and 600,000 price range and located in Clarkston, Mundy Twp., and Grand Blanc. The contract covered:
- All contact with customers from blue print reviews till closing.
- The management of all trades and warranty work.
- Training model-home sales staff in construction practices and procedures.
During this time, Muraca Building also contracted and built over 70 homes for Apersey Homes of Bloomfield and Millennium Homes of Grand Blanc. Additionally constructed homes for individual homeowners in Clarkston and Holly, MI.
In 2007, when housing stopped, M.L.C. Building started to do Remodeling and Historical Restoration work. The company sustained the down fall with a combination of commercial building and residential remodeling projects.
Currently MLC Building Company has two subdivisions in development, Clarkston Woods located in Davisburg, MI and Highland Acres in Holly, MI. Additionally, MLC still completes a number of remodel and restoration projects.
Examples of Jobs During the Down-Swing in Residential Construction
- Contracts with SCI Corporation, the largest funeral home company in the nation, handling their southeast Michigan facility renovations and repairs.
- Contracted to build out all the Accelerated Health System’s Physical Therapy locations in southeast Michigan for the past 5 years.
- Has a current contract with The Michigan motion picture studios in Pontiac for their sound stage modifications
- Has a large number of residential and commercial customers along with several interior design firms.
Boards & Commisions
Sam Moraco plays an active role in the following Independence Township committees:
- Member of Independence Township Planning Commission
- Former Chairman of the Independence Planning Commission
- Member of the Wet Land Board
- Former Member of the Builders’ Board of Appeals
- Member of the Better Business Bureau
- Member of the Clarkston Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan State Licensed Residential Builder (2004)
- Certified from the Citizen Planner Program at MSU (2004)
- Michigan State Certified Asbestos Abatement Contractor (2007)
- Lead Abatement Certification (2011)
Accredited from the Following Lenders:
Connect With Us
M.L.C. Building Company, L.L.C
Meet the Builder
MLC Building Company was founded by Sam Moraco as a remodeling & restoration company in 1991. Since then, the company has set industry-standards in every area of construction. Read More